Compression garments and shapewear are designed to provide support, improve circulation, and enhance the appearance of the body. They can be worn for a variety of reasons, such as post-surgery recovery, athletic performance, or simply to achieve a desired look. However, with so many options available in the market, choosing the right compression garment or shapewear can be a daunting task. In this blog, we will discuss how to choose compression garments and shapewear that are comfortable, effective, and fit your needs.
1. Know your purpose: Before purchasing it is essential to identify the purpose you want to achieve. Are you looking for a post-surgery garment to aid recovery, or do you want shapewear to even out the lumps and bumps? Identifying your purpose will help you narrow down your options and find a product that best suits your needs.
2. Choose the right size: Compression garments and shapewear are designed to fit tightly around the body. However, it is crucial to choose the right size to ensure maximum comfort and effectiveness. A garment that is too small will be uncomfortable and restrict blood flow, while one that is too large will not provide adequate support. Always refer to the manufacturer's size chart and measure your body before making a purchase.
3. Check the material: The material used to make the compression garment or shapewear is an important factor to consider. Look for a breathable fabric, preferably OEKO-TEX standard, that will provide all day comfort. Some popular materials used in compression garments and shapewear include nylon, spandex, and polyester. The quality of the yarns is an important factor, Made in Italy is a good guarantee.
4. Determine the compression level: Compression garments and shapewear come in different levels of compression, ranging from mild to extra-firm. The level of compression you choose will depend on your needs and the purpose of the garment. Mild compression garments are ideal for everyday wear, while extra-firm compression is best for post-surgery recovery or intense workouts.
5. Try it on: If possible, try on the compression garment or shapewear before making a purchase. This will help you determine if the garment fits well and is comfortable to wear. They all look pretty much the same in the photos.
In conclusion, choosing the right compression garment or shapewear requires careful consideration of the purpose, size, material, compression level and style. By following these tips, you can find a product that is comfortable, effective, and meets your needs.