Caring for your compression shapewear properly can help prolong its life and maintain its effectiveness. Here are some tips:
1. Follow Manufacturer's Instructions: Always follow the care instructions provided by the manufacturer on the label or packaging. Different brands and types of compression wear may have specific care requirements, so it's important to follow them to ensure proper care.
2. Hand Washing or Gentle Machine Washing: Most compression wear is recommended to be hand washed or machine washed on a gentle cycle using cold or lukewarm water. Avoid using hot water as it can damage the elastic fibres in the fabric. Use a mild detergent, and avoid using fabric softeners or bleach, as they can affect the elasticity and compression of the garment.
3. Dry Flat or Air Dry: After washing, gently squeeze out excess water and avoid wringing or twisting the garment. Do not tumble. Instead, lay the compression wear flat on a clean towel or hang it up to air dry in a well-ventilated area away from direct sunlight.
4. Handle with Care: When handling your compression wear, avoid pulling or tugging on the fabric excessively, as it can strain the fibres and affect the compression. Put on and take off the garment gently, following the manufacturer's instructions or the guidance of your healthcare provider.
5. Rotate Your Compression Wear: It's a good idea to have multiple pairs of compression wear, especially if you wear them daily. Rotating your compression wear can help extend their lifespan, as it reduces the frequency of washing and drying, which can strain the elastic fibres over time.
6. Store Properly: When not in use, store your compression wear in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid folding or crumpling the garment excessively, as it can cause creases or wrinkles that may affect the fit and compression.
By following these care tips, you can help prolong the life of your compression wear and ensure that it maintains its effectiveness.